Sikandar Hasan Khan
Admitted to practice in 2002.
Barrister-at-Law (Law Society of Upper Canada)
Solicitor (Court of Appeal for Ontario, Canada)
Advocate High Court
LL.M. (Banking and Finance Law), University of London
The School of Oriental and African Studies
LL.B. (Hons.) University of London
Punjab Bar Council
Lahore High Court Bar Association
Main area of work is Constitutional Law, Commercial Law, Telecoms, Infrastructure and Power Projects, Banking Law, Financial Transactions, Company Law, Civil, Banking and Constitutional Litigation, negotiation and drafting of contracts, conveyancing, advising and structuring financing transactions including in the power, oil and gas sector.
- Handling litigation on various matters including civil, constitutional and company matters in the Superior Courts.
- Handling litigation on behalf of various banks and financial institutions as well as debtors/borrowers in the Banking Courts and the Superior Courts.
- Advising both onshore and off-shore financial institutions in relation to finance facilities to E&P companies in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Advised Government of Qatar and its representatives in respect of power projects in Pakistan and handled the Project Documents for installation of a power plant in Pakistan.
- Advised, structured and handled on ‘Build Operate Transfer’ basis the installation of Waste Heat Recovery Boilers, Steam Turbine and associated electrical equipment on GENERTECH furnace oil Power Plant.
- Advised on implementation agreement for establishing a dedicated LNG, LPG and NGL Terminal near Port Qasim, on BOT basis.
- Advised and handled dispute resolution before Expert under PPA for an IPP against WAPDA.
- Advised foreign power companies in Pakistan on investment and financing in Pakistan.
- Advised foreign power companies (IPPs) in Pakistan on issues relating to their respective PPAs and IAs etc.
- Advising the Government of Punjab on the ‘Clean Drinking Water for All’ Project in the Province of Punjab.
- Advised various Pakistani telecom companies on contracts for supply and installation of GSM and LDI networks in Pakistan, including the first of its kind WIMAX network being developed and installed by a telecom company in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Advised various Pakistani telecom companies for financing projects including supply and installation of GSM and LDI networks in Pakistan and the first of its kind WIMAX network being developed and installed by a telecom company in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Advising a property developer, formed as a joint venture company between the Government of Punjab and foreign investors from Abu Dhabi, on various contracts for construction, architectural services, project management, retail consulting, traffic consultancy and other consultancy services, including bank guarantees and bonds, for proposed commercial tower under construction in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Advising clients on compulsory land acquisition by companies for use in projects. Work includes due diligence and litigation before the Board of Revenue and the High Court.
- Advised financial institutions financing the acquisition of Pak American Fertilizers Limited from the Government of Pakistan through Privatisation.
- Advising international law firms and their clients from time to time in relation to Pakistani laws and regulations.
- Advising various large property developers, developing residential and commercial projects in Punjab.
- Structured and handled the issuance of term finance certificates for many leading companies.
- Structured and handled the financing and security documentation on behalf of a local bank of Eight Grid Station Up-Gradation Project by NTDC amounting to Rs. 1,500,000,000/-.
- Structuring and handling transactions under various modes of finance, including Islamic Finance, for local and multinational banks and financial institutions and security documentation in respect of the same.
- Conducted research and completed various annual Global Survey Studies conducted by World Bank/Harvard/IBA focusing on the rehabilitation and insolvency procedures in Pakistan.
Email: [email protected]